Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chutney Soca Monarch

Picture 50/365
Chutney Soca Monarch
I'm just sitting in my room when suddenly I hear all this loud music. So, I'm thinking there's a fete nearby, maybe in the park or something. When I go to ask my mummy now, I find out that it's not a fete but rather the Chutney Soca Monarch finals in Skinner Park. Skinner Park!? And I'm hearing the music so clearly it's as though it's next door. Crazy oui. Sorry for those who hate loud music late at night yes.

So we watched a bit of it on TV. Well technically we didn't watch the competition but the entertainment courtesy Machel Montana that they had during the wait for results. So Rikki Jai won the $2million with "White Oak and Water" and Ravi B, sore loser that he is, incited violence and encouraged the crowd to throw bottles etc. Ridiculous. I don't even think he was charged. Several fetes and events dropped his act though. Waiting for Digicel to drop his behind. Chupidness yes. Steups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about my straightened look?