| Picture 33/365 Take a look outside. |
Why do people take drugs to get high? Can't you just get high off of life? I mean, I get 'high' off of laughing and smiling and eating chocolate :P Obviously, living in the Caribbean, people taking drugs is not an uncommon thing for me. With the whole Rastafarianism religion in Jamaica and our close proximity to Central and South America, drug trafficking is a serious issue for the Caribbean nations. However, as popular as taking drugs is said to be, I have only heard one group of individuals speaking about it openly and shamelessly. It disgusts me to see how casual they are about it, as though smoking weed is not illegal. You would probably think they were selling pokemon cards. Ridiculous! What upsets me the most is when they discuss their 'private business' in front of younger students. Talk about it in my presence, fine. I already know I will NEVER be engaging in activities of that sort. But their minds are impressionable. Argh! Now the younger students want to 'experiment.' They want to try it at least once. Steups! Don't they know that these things are addictive? People rarely ever 'try them once.' STEUPS! IDLENESS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment