| HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE!!! XOXO :D |
Today all my girls from the original WBC visited school and had a big reunion. This brought about lots of hugs, kisses, squeals of delight and laughter and OF COURSE PLENTY OLE TALK- from both the staff and students. Even though I didn't get to spend an extended amount of time with them, it was nice seeing them sitting at their usual place of residence when I walked down the stairs. Their visit also made me realise however that the new friendships I have made with the 'newly formed' WBC are equally as valuable as the friendships I have with the original WBC. Each day, when I approach the new crew at the white bench, I experience the same welcoming feeling and support which is very comforting. Sometimes I wish that I was with my old year because we were so familiar with each other that we knew how to study together and how to engage in scandalous laughter together so it was easier to lean on each other. But I know that everything happens for a reason and that God has plans for us. When I think about it, it is beneficial for me to be faced with this 'challenge' because now I have the opportunity to practise being independent and adapting to new situations and environments. It's basically preparation for going to a foreign university.
Another thing that has been on my mind since the new year began was my relationship with God. I feel as though I have drifted far from Him in this past year compared to how it was at the end of 2009. It's not that I am losing faith but I find that I don't speak to Him at all really. Not in chaos nor in silence, only very rarely. It's scary and I have to fix it. I will work on it.
| Keep holding on. |
CHELS!! i love this post, ur gettin all deep on us here. aww, i cud just imagine (and then again not really b able to) how it must feel to be in ur position.
ReplyDeleteur such a strong chick. i agree that u shud work on ur relationship with God (cuz well i believe that those who work on their relationship with God are the ones who will make it to heaven)
i want u to know that ur original wbc loves u sooooo soooo sooo much, but it's totally ok to love ur new wbc as well.
i mean, really in a world with so much hatred and violence and anger, we need all the love we can get!