Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Origin of Hear Nah

Picture 9/365
"A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend." ~Author Unknown
You may have wondered why I named this blog "hear nah." In Trinidadian dialect, 'Trini' slang if you will, the phrase "hear nah" is usually what one would say to get someone's attention before they tell a story or interject their opinion into the conversation. For example, Sheila walks into the room and collapses onto the chair next to her friends exclaiming, "Hear nah. If you see dramas to get to school today eh! Accident on the highway cause traffic for miles!" 

So, dear readers, I am calling your attention to my blog and indicating that I'm about to tell you my story. Hope you enjoy my second week of blogging! :D I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about my straightened look?