| Picture 7/365. Lesson of the day. |
I passed this on my way to write this post and I decided hey, since I'm on a roll with this whole 'lesson of the day/moral of the story' thing, why not continue.
So, "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today." What does it mean? I think it warns us not to get stuck in the past, dwelling on things we cannot change. What is done is done. The past is in the past and we must learn from it and move on. Whether it be bad grades or a fallout with someone close to you, we learn from yesterday so that we can improve today and tomorrow. Life is too short to live in the past. Let's live in the now and dream and make plans for the future. Spend time with the people who make you happy. Laugh scandalously. Release your inhibitions! (song lyrics! haha Natasha Bedingfield -Unwritten). Sing like no-one's listening and dance like no-one's watching. You only have one life to live so live it the fullest! :D
On the other hand it can be interpreted to mean don't let things you had to do yesterday end up having to be done today (i.e. "yesterday use up too much of today"). Then again, I could be seeing that because I am a procrastinator :P
On the other hand it can be interpreted to mean don't let things you had to do yesterday end up having to be done today (i.e. "yesterday use up too much of today"). Then again, I could be seeing that because I am a procrastinator :P
you are def seeing that cuz of ur procrastinator instincts but that doesnt take away from the value in interpretating the statement that way. both interpretations has merit! good advice all in all!
ReplyDelete