Friday, January 7, 2011

The Value of a Good Laugh

Today was a rather chill day, productive yet relaxed and that is all due to the value of a good laugh. How lovely it is to just sit around with a few good friends and laugh at each other's quirky anecdotes, odd mannerisms and just plain at each other (good-naturedly of course). According to these 'good friends' of mine :P though, my laughter is hilarious. Apparently when I laugh, it 'bubbles' out of me as though it's too much for my body to contain. 

Laughter is definitely a very important thing to me. Laughing and smiling are probably my favourite things to do. I think laughter is good to have in the classroom also. I like to laugh at myself when I make stupid mistakes. I like to laugh at our teachers and their unique mannerisms and sayings. I like to laugh as a class. Laughing makes the lesson so much more enjoyable and memorable and lightens up the stressed atmosphere that permeates when exams are around the corner. After all, laughter is medicine. 

Our applied math class is pretty small (12 people) so we are very close with our teachers and classes are intimate. However, when my friend, Riane shares something funny with me, my laughter erupts loudly, shattering the calm discussion or silence in the room. It has become the norm to see my teacher's face looking up at me incredulously and to see all the heads turn to our corner of the class, but these reactions only fuel my laughter causing me to gasp for air. Oh the memories... 

In conclusion, SMILES + LAUGHTER = HAPPINESS = MEMORIES 
So people, laugh with your loved ones while you can and create memories that will last a lifetime :D

Project 365. Picture 6/365.
Streetlamp through the windshield.

2 comments:

What do you think about my straightened look?